The secret of a revolutionary silage film resulted in the Silver Medal Award at Eurotier in Hannover 2012.
The advantages of POLYDRESS® O2 BARRIER 2IN1 silage and vacuum film combination at a glance
• Time savings due to covering silo in one step
• Sheeting splits once applied to the silage to provide oxygen barrier layer that clings tight to the silage and a very low OTR; and a more standard outer protective layer
• High silage quality
• Reduction of losses due to aerobic fermentation
• Easy handling because of reduced system weight
• Sustainable product design using new materials
• Improving the silage quality can increase yields (milk yields) and reduce the causes of disease
• Improved CO2 balance (carbon footprint) compared to conventional silage covers
• With a comparable oxygen barrier, the theoretical CO2 balance of a PE film would be 7 times higher
• Material recycling is possible according to different concepts (PE can currently be recycled materially/physically, and PA thermally/energetically; advantage: separation of materials)
Oxygen permeability // m² in days acc.
Click here to open the chart in a new window.
Good practices: first tests from 2011